The new Funcub XL ND (NEW DESIGN) is the further development of Multiplex’s versatile and popular Funcub XL (multifunctional high-wing aerobatic towing aircraft).
Multiplex’s goal was to lose weight and give the plane a fresh new look. They have implemented the weight savings by redesigning the chassis and the new EPP wheels, which saves around 200g in weight. This enables Multiplex to achieve an even lower airspeed and a better thrust-to-weight ratio. The tuning chassis (# 1-02061) can also be retrofitted to the existing Funcub Xl.
This also improves your outstanding short take-off and landing properties even further. Thus it can be used on almost any terrain.
Like its predecessor, the new Funcub XL ND also has many beautiful details, such as the very elegant LED covers for the optional lighting with the POWER-MULTIlight (# 7 3030) – a real eye-catcher. It also has a standard tow release (additional servo HS-225 required for activation) and a large discharge chute for which a suitable parachutist (# 852004) is available.
Why is the FunCub XL so popular? She flies extremely precise and adult! Mutliplex has given it large rudder flaps, a lot of power and very balanced flight characteristics, so that vertical climbs, aerobatics with knife flights, and even torque rolls are possible! Due to the weight savings of the XL ND, the flight performance is now increased again. The FunCub XL is characterized by extravagant construction solutions and sets completely new standards in its class. A remarkably strong fuselage thanks to “M-Frame technology”, stable and light carbon tubes (CFRP) in the wings, offset landing flaps and very easy and quick upgrade of the model – thanks to the bracing with quick-release fasteners.
Multiplex RR FunCub XL ND Features
- Kit with a high degree of prefabrication
- Pre-cut and already applied decal sheet
- Extremely precise and adult flight behavior
- Unbelievably large fun factor due to many additional functions
- Offset landing flaps for steep descents and short take-offs
- Off-road properties due to huge and light EPP wheels
- High-strength fuselage due to “M-Frame Technology “
- Strong and light carbon tubes (CFRP) in the wings
- Low minimum speed
- Suitable for towing sailors (eg Lentus / Alpina)
- Divided surfaces, making it easy to transport
- Powerful drive set (# 33 2610)
Multiplex RR FunCub XL ND Specifications
- Model character: powered flight
- Material: Elapor
- Level: 3 advanced
- Wingspan in mm: 1700
- RC functions: SR / HR / QR / motor / option landing flaps and tow coupling Flight
- weight, electric in grams: 2650
- Flight time in minutes: 6
- Total surface loading g per square meter: 53
- total area in qdm: 50
- battery types / cells: 6S LiPo
- construction time in min .: 25
What’s in the Box
- Model assembled with drive kit #332610 (consisting of motor Permax BL-O 4235-0480 #333126 + controller BL-60 SD #72236 + Y-cable)
- 6 x Servos HS225BB #112225